Tee Up In Gym Class
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to The First Tee National School Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. By teaching elementary students The First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
The First Tee National School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
The First Tee National School Program integrates golf motor skill development with character education and wellness. It’s a winning combination! Read about our independent case study research outcomes, PGA of America school golf program independent review results, and what physical educators engaged in the program have to say. Research results »
Are you a physical educator looking for more information? Explore and share resources with other trained and certified teachers in The First Tee online resource center